Members of Congress represent YOU. We encourage you to contact them, repeatedly — whether in person, by phone, or through letters and petitions, you can let your representatives know where you stand on today’s important issues. It does make a difference!
Take These Actions Now:
TAKE THIS ACTION - Support Human Rights in Myanmar
In response to the ongoing genocide being perpetrated against the Rohingya people of Myanmar (Burma), Congress has introduced bills (in the House and Senate) that would, among other things:
- Call for an end to the violence against the Rohingya, and the right of Rohingya to return home
- Set clear direction on US Myanmar policy promoting democracy and human rights in Myanmar
- Sanction military leaders responsible for the violence
- Suspend any military training or support given by the US to Myanmar
Tell Congress: ending genocide against the Rohingya must be a priority.
TAKE THIS ACTION - Tell Congress: We Need Special Envoys
Secretary of State Tillerson is planning to dismantle multiple Special Envoy offices in the State department. Don’t let him!
TAKE THIS ACTION - Help pass the Elie Wiesel Genocide and Atrocities Prevention Act!
The Elie Wiesel Genocide and Atrocities Prevention Act seeks to strengthen the U.S. government’s ability to prevent and respond to genocide and mass atrocities around the world by:
- Creating the Mass Atrocities Task Force
- Authorizing the Complex Crises Fund
- Training of Foreign Service Officers to recognize the early warnings of genocide and mass atrocities
- Requiring reporting by the State Department and Director of National Intelligence
Send a message to your Members of Congress asking them to co-sponsor the Elie Wiesel Genocide and Atrocities Prevention Act of 2017, S.1158.
The bill is in both the House and the Senate, so there are TWO actions you should take, one to urge passage through each chamber. This is how a bill becomes a law!
Also, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss an opportunity to take action.